5 More Uses for Vanilla Extract December 03 2014
Vanilla extract isn't just for cookies. If you're looking for another way to use our Mexican Vanilla extract, feel free to try some of these other recipes and tricks!
1. Vanilla extract can be used as a deodorizer. Clean out your microwave or refrigerator by wiping down the inside with a few drops of vanilla extract. It'll leave them both smelling fresh.
2. Mix with water and freeze for some delicious vanilla ice cubes. These are the perfect addition to your morning cup of tea or coffee.
3. Bring a fresh fruit salad to your next get together. It's both easy to put together and universally loved.
4. Done with baking cookies and cakes for the holidays? Try this vanilla chicken recipe if you’re looking to create something a little more savory.
5. It’s actually quite good for you. Vanilla helps alleviate nausea and stomach aches. According to Annmarie Gianni Skincare, vanilla can help soothe irritated skin as well. It’s also full of antioxidants and B vitamins.
What other uses do you have for vanilla extract? We'd love to hear from you!
About the Author: Carey McComas is a baking enthusiast and guest blogger. She is currently a student at the University of Utah. In her own time she dabbles in short narrative pieces and poetry. She does the bulk of her online work in social media marketing.